Altars and the Communion rail are done in Italian Marble. The communion rail was installed in 1924. The 40 arches of the railing represents Christ's 40 days of fasting. The altar was imported from the Province of Carrara, Italy. The base of the altar contains a carving of DaVinci's Last Supper.
Each side altar forms a pedestal for the statues; one, the Mother of Grace, the other, Saint Joseph with the Child Jesus. These two pieces of marble are the work of Julio Pasquini, an eminent sculptor of Pietrasanta. Historical Artwork of Holy Family
Painting of the Holy Family in the dome above the altar.
Plaques of the 12 Apostles encompass the interior of the church.
Stations of the Cross - Each scene is painted on steel and a vegetable-based paint was used.
Our New Processional Cross
The processional cross that we have in our possession is a modern interpretation by the Conrad Moroder Art Studio of a cross from the 13th century, painted by Benciviene di Pepo, also called CIMABUE. He was an Italian painter and mosaicist, whose nickname means "bull-headed." His work was influenced by Byzantine paintings and continued to influence artists one hundred years after his deather. The original painting, named "Crucifix" is located at Santa Croce in Florence, and, about 70% of it was destroyed in the floods of 1966. In it the author depicted a suffering Christ whose eyes are closed and His bruised Body is twisted, falling away from the rectangular cross in an agonizing curve. We invite you to study the intricate workmanship before or after Mass.
The Sounds of Holy Family
On June 10, 1962, three new bronze bells, electronically operated were blessed by Bishop Stephen Woznicki and placed in the bell tower.
Hear the sounds of Holy Family's bells
The pipe organ was a gift to the church from A.T. Ferrel. A contract for installation was signed in July of 1929. This organ contains about 2,500 pipes.
The Pieta, by Michelangelo, is located on the south-side of the church. It is the fifth one of 12 reproductions cast from a mold duplicating the original inside Saint Peter Church in Vatican City. In 1983, The Pieta was dedicated as part of this church's 90th anniversary celebration.